Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Blog Neglected

Dear Kitchen Counter,

Hi!  Remember me?  How have you been?  It's been a long time since I've written but I haven't forgotten you.  It's not like you haven't seen me.  You've actually seen me quite often.

But I confess, where this matter is concerned, I have been neglectful.

It all started with the holidays which serve to fill up the family schedule, then some annoying computer issues that hung around for way too long, and after that I suppose I just got out of the habit.  I hear it takes two weeks to form a habit and apparently it doesn't take much longer than that to UN-form a habit.

So, I hope to RE-form this particular habit during the next few weeks.  In the meantime, here are a few remembrances of our time together this past year and if I can get that habit going again I will provide more details later.

I promise.



Marinated Cheese is a favorite appetizer. Very easy and very tasty.  Wonderful with that Christmas ham.








Bacon Cheese Bites.  A special snack for the hubby who is watching his carbs.


Forget about counting carbs. I don't profess to be a cookie decorator but these shortbread cookies have a lovely lemon-tinged frosting that is a perfect compliment to my favorite buttery cookie.






A fresh blueberry "cobbler" made with fresh-picked blueberries.











And then my hubby worked his magic at the kitchen counter with a bounty of fresh summer vegetables.







Just a little bit of what has been going on at the counter.

Hope to see you again soon.

Yours truly,

The Bean Counter

P.S.  Now I must find something great to do with my new favorite spread besides just dipping apples in it, although that's not too shabby.


No comments:

Post a Comment