Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's been awhile

since I've spent much time in the kitchen.  We're winding down football season and have completed three weekends of marching band competitions.  Their show is fantastic this year due in part to the tall, good-looking guy on the keyboard in the percussion pit, a.k.a., my baby boy.  He hates it when I call him that.  Our school system takes a two-week fall break so we worked in several lovely days in the mountains for relaxation including a visit with my college girl and attending her first choral performance which, of course, was wonderful.  Then, I came back to a desk full and an inbox full - my penance for taking three days off I suppose - and promptly developed a nasty cold.  I think my body is saying it needs to go back to the mountains.


Wouldn't you agree?  The Smoky Mountains were ablaze with the yellows, oranges, and reds of fall ... sunshine and about 70 degrees ... perfect.  One of the best places in the world to hang out.  It was also a productive road trip as I cleared out several magazines and added to my stack of recipe clippings to try one of these days.

A new recipe made the trip with us.  It's called "Wicked Chocolate Caramel Bars", borrowed from Joan's blog "Chocolate, Chocolate and more..." (follow the link to the left).  


Wickedly delicious!  We brought home crumbs only.

I made the weekly sourdough feeding this morning and will hopefully have some bread in the works tomorrow but for now, I just need some chicken soup, hot tea and a little more couch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment